Monday 17 March 2014

Shaun Micallef


Monday 17th, March 2014


Shaun’s Desk
Australian Broadcasting Corporation
GPO Box 9994
Sydney NSW 2001

               
Dear Shaun Micallef,

                Hello. You’re really funny. I think you’re the funniest man in Australia, even more so than Belvedere. I really like your TV show, Newstopia, but some of the references are hard to understand now. I also really like all those jokes you made about Iced Vovos back in the early ‘00s. They were funny, and at the same time really important, because it reminded people that Iced Vovos are still out there.

                You and David Wenham were both in Seachange, but only David has gone on to star in films. I saw him in 300. He was great, but I think you’re just as good as him. I think it must be your agent.  Below is the address of David’s agent, should you need it;

Shanahan Management Pty Ltd.
Level 3 Berman House
91 Campbell St
Surry Hills, NSW 2010

                The only problem is, whenever I see David Wenham in something that isn’t Seachange, I can’t forget about him in Seachange. I tried to enjoy 300, but it made no sense to me why Diver Dan would be at war because he was so nice in Seachange. And most of the stuff he’s in these days isn’t Seachange. So it’s really hard. Maybe if I watch 300 lots, I’ll forget about Diver Dan. But then, if I go back and watch Seachange, I’ll think “Where did Dilios’ six-pack go?” It’s lose-lose. Maybe it’s better you stay with TV.

                Lots of people say you are a renaissance man. Do you worry that this might make you more susceptible to Flux? I had to learn about renaissance at school. It seemed pretty horrible. People died and stuff. But then there were some really nice pictures. I like Rembrant, because of all the nuddy chicks. It’s hard remembering all the stuff about history because it’s already happened and it isn’t really interesting anymore. I prefer just to think about modern stuff like the space race and Blu-Ray. It’s not as complicated. But then, they did say that the first year of a Bachelor of Journalism is the hardest.

                Hey, what is Josh Thomas?
                 
                Thanks for taking time to read this. I really enjoy watching your TV shows. Mad as Hell is really funny. Do you think your hair will ever get any whiter, or is it peaking?

Warm Regards,



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment